How often should Solar Panels be Serviced?
Solar panels are a large investment. It is important to maintain your solar panels for long-term success. Here are some tips for solar panel cleaning and maintenance.
Your solar panels will work well without the need for yearly maintenance, unlike a boiler. To keep your solar panels running smoothly, you don't have to spend extra money on maintenance. You don't even have to clean solar panels. We get enough rain here in the UK to do it for you.
Do solar panels need to be cleaned?
Before we discuss how often they should be cleaned, let us first look at the reasons solar panels require regular cleaning. Solar panels can quickly become dirty, something that is not obvious when they are exposed to the elements 24/7.
Dirt and grime can build up on the panel's surface, which reduces its performance. The system works best when there is no obstruction between the UV rays from the sun and the glass panel.
Because of the accumulation of dirt, grime, and bird droppings on solar panels, efficiency will begin to decrease unless they are cleaned regularly.
How often should my solar panels be cleaned?
Experts in solar panel fixing and cleaning have debated for years how often they should be cleaned. However, most agree that it should be done at least once every six months. There are times when you may need it more often or that they can wait until you need it.
If you live in a dry climate, dust can build up, especially after the summer. In this case, you might benefit from 2-3 cleanings per annum. You may also need to clean the panels more often if you live in a wooded area.
A good rule of thumb is to schedule a cleaning at least once every six months. If you feel that your panels are getting dirtier, then it's worth scheduling more frequent cleanings. If the problem is not severe, one cleaning should suffice.
Solar Panel Cleaning Tips
The solar panel cleaning kit is very handy for cleaning your panels. You will find a soap biodegradable, a towel, and a brush. The soap should be mixed with water. Instructions are included on the bottle. You can dip the brush into the bucket to gently wipe the panels.
- Solar panels are easy to clean! You can easily clean solar panels if they are damp or wet.
- Use a soft sponge or soap to clean your solar panels. You could scratch the glass. You can clean solar panels best with a soft cloth or biodegradable detergent.
- Solar panels are expensive to repair and can cause damage if you use harsh chemicals to clean them.
- It is possible to simply run a hose through the panels to remove dirt and grime if you clean them often. Solar panel maintenance will require fewer visits.
- Use a long-handled wiper while standing to clean the panels. This will ensure your safety as well as the safety of those around you.
- Take care when climbing up onto the roof. If the roof is slippery, you may fall off. Use safety ropes and a harness to support you.
- You should always keep an eye out for dirt and debris on your solar panels. They can absorb sunlight more effectively if they are clean.